Filed under: Gadget Reviews, Technology & Camping
Hitting the Road With Microsoft Streets & Trips
A summer road trip is about a lot more than “just getting there.” You can get the most out of your travels by using Microsoft Streets & Trips.
One of the things I like best about Streets & Trips is it helps you plan just about every aspect of your trip—directions, multiple stops, fuel costs, start and stop times and more. It’s easy to use and easy to customize, so if your plans change you can update your itinerary at the drop of a hat—no Internet connection needed.
Use Streets & Trips to generate maps and directions throughout North America and find interesting stops along the way. Plan your travel by start and stop times, driving speeds or road types to avoid highways or choose a more scenic route. Personalize your maps with notes about planned stops, reservation details, phone numbers and more. Plus, you can share your travel plans with your Garmin device or use Streets & Trips with GPS Locator for on-the-go spoken directions and automatic rerouting.
Streest & Tips enables users to:
- Explore 2.5 million points of interestincluding campgrounds, state and national parks, gas stations, historic sites, casinos, amusement parks, and much more
- Calculate mileage, fuel costs and arrival times and compare different routes
- Read customer reviews and ratings of businesses to find the best places to go
- Enjoy a sleek and clean new look in high contrast for easier viewing
- Get updated maps of U.S. and Canada, including 150,000 more miles of roads than Streets & Trips 2011
All this for only $39.99 ($69.99 for the GPS version). Visit my Streets & Trips blog to get the POI Mega File, which contains hundreds of pushpin points-of-interest collections, such as low-clearance bridges and overpasses, big-rig-friendly fuel stations, Walmart stores or great waterfalls.
Just in time for summer travel season, the 2013 version on Streets & Trips is now available. Take Streets & Trips for a test drive! Download a FREE 14-day trial version at www.microsoft.com/streets/roadtrip, then get lost in the adventure, not trying to find it.
Last 5 posts by Guest Blogger
- Sight Seeing in the Texas Hill Country - December 3rd, 2012
- Gator Park Airboat Tours - November 1st, 2012
- If You Love Golf, Then You Will Love It Here! - October 5th, 2012
- Resort to a New Lifestyle at Bay Bayou RV Resort - Tampa, FL - October 3rd, 2012
- Spectacular Fall Views at Riveredge RV Park in Pigeon Forge - September 7th, 2012