Filed under: Campgrounds & RV Parks
TRIBUTE BANDS ADD SPARK TO NEWPORT DUNES’ FAMILY FUN 4TH OF JULY – NEWPORT DUNES RESORT AND MARINA
If you like rock music, Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort in Newport Beach will be the perfect destination this 4th of July. Sponsored by Visit Newport Beach, tribute bands honoring these legends of rock will take the stage as the Dunes carries on its half-century-plus summer tradition with all-day family fun festivities followed by one of the regions finest fireworks presentations. From 11 a.m.-7p.m., attendees can enjoy a number of fun activities including a dunk tank, bungee run, cake walk, limbo contests, inflatable jumpers and bounce houses.
Also available for an additional cost are food, beverages and admission to the aquatic fun park known as Moe B’s Watersports (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Among the attractions are two giant “icebergs,” a water version of a giant teeter-totter, a giant climbing apparatus, massive dome, floating lily pads, a water trampoline and a water playground for children under 7. Private beachside cabanas also are available for rent and must be reserved in advance by calling (949) 999-3180.
A car parking fee covers a majority of the activities throughout the day. To maintain a family atmosphere, alcohol consumption will be prohibited though a full-bar will be available at a designated location of the resort as well as the Back Bay Bistro.
Co-sponsored by City of Newport Beach, the Dunes’ annual fireworks presentation has become one of the Southland’s most popular 4th of July destinations.
Newport Dunes Resort is a 100-acre waterfront resort (open to the public) featuring a 380-site state-of-the-art RV park, 450-slip marina and a private wave less beach and playground that has been enjoyed by families since 1958. Newport Dunes is also is home to 24 mobile cottages that the public may rent. On Memorial Day, the Dunes will open up its Aquatic Fun Park and visitors can also rent kayaks, windsurfers, pedal boats, bicycles, and electric boats. Newport Dunes Resort is located at 1131 Back Bay Drive, in Newport Beach visit www.newportdunes.com or call 949-729-3863.
* Resort/Destination Name: Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort
* Resort/Destination Location:
* 1131 Back Bay Drive Newport Beach, CA
* Description: * 380 RV sites with individually fenced double-wide areas, underground utilities and full hook-ups for satellite television and 20-, 30- and 50-amp electrical services
* 450-slip state-of-the-art marina with all-concrete docks, single-loaded slips, private dock boxes with individual hook-up, 24-hour security and a clubhouse featuring pool, spa, recreation room and fitness center
* 18 private (fully equipped) and 6 basic mobile cottages featuring soaring ceilings, hardwood floors, dining areas, spacious bedrooms, screened porches, full-service kitchens and bathrooms with showers and tubs. Cottages are available in both one-bedroom and studio models
* Seven-lane boat launch with adjacent boat wash
* Private 10-acre beach surrounding sparkling waveless bay waters ideal for swimming and other aquatic activities (seasonal lifeguard on duty)
* Watersport rentals that include sailboats, kayaks, pedal boats, sailboards, stand up paddle boards, bicycles and surrey’s
* Beachfront playground apparatus featuring the latest slides, swing bridges and extra-protective safety equipment
* Village Center on the premises that includes a swimming pool, spa, grocery store, recreation room with a big-screen TV, laundry facilities and conference and meeting room space
* Critically acclaimed Back Bay Bistro featuring American favorites serves breakfast and lunch seven days a week (dinner is served during the summer months)
* Four beachfront pavilions available for beach parties, family barbecues, reunions, corporate gatherings, etc.
* 18 Cabanas available for reservation–ideal for groups fewer than 20
* A full-time activities staff offers a variety of planned events each day such as organized volleyball tournaments, water aerobics, country-western dance lessons and guided kayak tours
* Shopping at world-famous Fashion Island
* Touring Balboa Pier, Balboa Ferry
* Close access to Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure and Knotts Berry Farm
* Adjacent to the Upper Newport Bay Ecological Reserve, a 752-acre coastal wetland set aside for natural wildlife
Last 5 posts by Guest Blogger
- Sight Seeing in the Texas Hill Country - December 3rd, 2012
- Gator Park Airboat Tours - November 1st, 2012
- If You Love Golf, Then You Will Love It Here! - October 5th, 2012
- Resort to a New Lifestyle at Bay Bayou RV Resort - Tampa, FL - October 3rd, 2012
- Spectacular Fall Views at Riveredge RV Park in Pigeon Forge - September 7th, 2012