Filed under: Family Camping
How to Recognize a Camping Mom
1. Her kids play in the dirt and she doesn’t even flinch.
2. She knows how to drive a RV and pitch a tent. Yep, she has skills.
3. She catches the biggest fish.
4. She’s an expert on sunscreen and hydration.
5. She’s a great cook, even in her outdoor kitchen (and don’t even get me started on her collection of vinyl tablecloths).
6. She has confidence, strength and a huge heart.
7. Her cool new ride is a bicycle.
8. Her fingernails are neat, but short- perfect for baiting a hook.
9. In her backpack she carries water, snacks and a small child.
10. She has a healthy glow and an easy smile.
11. Her wardrobe includes plenty of funky hats- perfect for the campground.
Where can you find a camping mom? You can find her on Mother’s Day at her favorite campground where her family will be cooking up a delicious breakfast of blueberry pancakes and crispy bacon. And then they will allow her to spend the afternoon relaxing in a hammock (well, moms, I gave it a try anyway).
Of course, not all camping moms are the same. But one thing is certain. Camping moms love the outdoors and they love their families. They are happiest when these two are combined. So this Mother’s Day remember to celebrate the camping mom (and camping grandmother) in your life.
And to all you camping moms and camping grandmothers,
Happy Mother’s Day!!
I’ll see ya around the campfire.
What are some other traits of a camping mom?
Tiffany, The Campy Mom, enjoys tent camping and cane pole fishing with her husband and 3 crazy, camping kids. She also has a family camping blog called A Little Campy, where she shares camping tips, recipes, gear reviews and a lot of laughs. Join her there anytime, around the campfire.