Filed under: Activities & Attractions, Campgrounds & RV Parks
NEWPORT DUNES WATERFRONT RESORT AND MARINA AQUATIC PARK TO OPEN MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
DUNES’ AQUATIC PARK TO OPEN MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
Memorial Day Weekend generally signals the start of summer and Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort is making its annual “splash” by opening its popular Aquatic Water Park daily that weekend (weekend only hours will begin in April).
The Dunes has become a favorite summer destination since 1958, but it’s the relatively recent debut of the Aquatic Water Park that has kept crowds swelling during the hot summer months. The park is actually situated in the Back Bay and adventurers can play on a wide range of giant inflatable amenities from giant icebergs and water trampolines to rock climbing walls and massive teeter-totters. A massive slide that kids may climb aboard and soar back into the water opened last year and has become a crowd favorite. All-day passes are $25 (lower cost partial day passes may also be purchased). Among the other amenities the Dunes offers: sailing lessons, ecological kayak tours, and water aerobics, along with the rentals of paddleboats, surrey bikes, electric boats, catamarans, paddleboards and stand-up paddle boards. Private beachside cabanas also are available for rent and must be reserved in advance by calling (949) 999-3180.
Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort offers a one-mile stretch of sand along the wave less waters of the Back Bay lagoon called Mother’s Beach. Full-time lifeguards staff the shore. For more information please call (949) 279-4507.
Newport Dunes Resort is a 100-acre waterfront resort (open to the public) featuring a 380-site state-of-the-art RV park, 450-slip marina and a private wave less beach and playground that has been enjoyed by families since 1958. Newport Dunes is also is home to 24 mobile cottages that the public may rent. On Memorial Day, the Dunes will open up its Aquatic Fun Park and visitors can also rent kayaks, windsurfers, pedal boats, bicycles, paddle boards, and electric boats. Newport Dunes Resort is located at 1131 Back Bay Drive, in Newport Beach visit www.newportdunes.com or call 949-729-3863.
* Resort/Destination Name: Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort
* Resort/Destination Location:
* 1131 Back Bay Drive Newport Beach, CA
* Description: * 380 RV sites with individually fenced double-wide areas, underground utilities and full hook-ups for satellite television and 20-, 30- and 50-amp electrical services
* 450-slip state-of-the-art marina with all-concrete docks, single-loaded slips, private dock boxes with individual hook-up, 24-hour security and a clubhouse featuring pool, spa, and recreation room
* 12 private (fully equipped) and 6 basic mobile cottages featuring soaring ceilings, hardwood floors, dining areas, spacious bedrooms, screened porches, full-service kitchens and bathrooms with showers and tubs. Cottages are available in both one-bedroom and studio models
* Seven-lane boat launch with adjacent boat wash
* Private 10-acre beach surrounding sparkling wave less bay waters ideal for swimming and other aquatic activities (seasonal lifeguard on duty)
* Watersport rentals that include sailboats, kayaks, pedal boats, sailboards, stand up paddle boards, bicycles and surrey’s
* Beachfront playground apparatus featuring the latest slides, swing bridges and extra-protective safety equipment
* Village Center on the premises that includes a swimming pool, spa, grocery store, recreation room with a big-screen TV, laundry facilities and conference and meeting room space
* Critically acclaimed Back Bay Bistro featuring American favorites serves breakfast and lunch weekly (dinner is served during the summer months)
* Four beachfront pavilions available for beach parties, family barbecues, reunions, corporate gatherings, etc.
* 18 Cabanas available for reservation–ideal for groups fewer than 20
* A full-time activities staff offers a variety of planned events each day such as organized volleyball tournaments, water aerobics, country-western dance lessons and guided kayak tours
* Shopping at world-famous Fashion Island
* Touring Balboa Pier, Balboa Ferry
* Close access to Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure and Knott’s Berry Farm
* Adjacent to the Upper Newport Bay Ecological Reserve, a 752-acre coastal wetland set aside for natural wildlife
Last 5 posts by Guest Blogger
- Sight Seeing in the Texas Hill Country - December 3rd, 2012
- Gator Park Airboat Tours - November 1st, 2012
- If You Love Golf, Then You Will Love It Here! - October 5th, 2012
- Resort to a New Lifestyle at Bay Bayou RV Resort - Tampa, FL - October 3rd, 2012
- Spectacular Fall Views at Riveredge RV Park in Pigeon Forge - September 7th, 2012