Filed under: Historic Places & Landmarks, Uncategorized
Free Admission to All National Parks This Week!
If you are lucky enough to have a little time for travel this week, then be sure to visit one of our fabulous national parks. It’s National Park Week!
From April 21-29, ALL of our 397 parks will be offering FREE admission! Presented by the National Park Service and the National Park Foundation, this wonderful gift is a fabulous way for visitors and travelers to save some money and celebrate our country. Believe it or not, there’s a whopping 84 million acres of spectacular scenery, historic sites, and cultural treasures free for adventure and exploring!
Over the years, I have visited countless national parks…Denali, Mount Rainier, Olympic, Yellowstone, Kenai Fjords, and Acadia being just a few. Here’s a full list of national parks for your reference. So, if you have the time this week, take a detour and just go! And, while you are there be sure to take some time to talk to the rangers and peruse the visitor centers! You will be glad that you did!
Photo by Melissa A. Trainer
–Melissa A. Trainer
Last 5 posts by Melissa A. Trainer
- Spooky Hikes in Washington State - October 26th, 2012
- Wild for Blackberries in the Pacific Northwest! - August 26th, 2012
- Savor those Campgrounds in September... - August 24th, 2012
- Do the Puyallup Fair in Western Washington - August 23rd, 2012
- Are You a Mobile Reader? - August 19th, 2012