Filed under: Gadget Reviews, RV Maintenance, RV Modifications, Technology & Camping, Traveling Tips, Uncategorized
Rand McNally to Provide Woodall’s Campground Data in GPS Devices
Rand McNally, a leader in specialty travel and navigation, and Woodall’s, part of the Good Sam family of RV clubs, community and publications, are partnering to include Woodall’s campground data in Rand McNally’s TripMaker® RVND™ GPS units for RVers.
The data will be pre-loaded in devices shipping mid-April, and also will be available to current owners of TripMaker® RVND™ devices – both the 5” and 7” models – via a simple and free download in early Q2. Rand McNally will be reaching out to existing owners to ensure that they are able to download the new content.
“Woodall’s is North America’s leading source of campground information for RVers and campers. We are very pleased to offer this very valued content as part of our industry-leading RV GPS devices,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally.
Highlights of the Woodall’s Campground data include:
- Listings for more than 12,000 RV parks and campground locations, with amenities:
- Family-friendly campgrounds and pets-allowed locations
- “Big Rig” parks
- “Green parks”
- Site information such as extended stay sites available, typical site width and pull thru information
- Services such as fees, escort to site, dumping
- Essential information about seasonality and rates
“We are excited to bring together two well-known brands in the RVing community – Rand McNally and Woodall’s. Our carefully researched data will certainly enhance the value of the TripMaker® RVND™ GPS to RVers, especially those who have been loyal users of Woodall’s for decades,” said Ann Emerson, Vice President & Publisher, Woodall’s & Trailer Life Directory.
According to Muscatel, market research and direct feedback from current users indicates that the ability to find RV specific information on campgrounds is one of the top three features that RVers want in a GPS.
“And 65% of those surveyed told us that ratings, such as the 5-W ratings, were important. The Woodall’s data will augment the 12,000 campgrounds currently in the product, making our TripMaker® RVND™ the most robust provider of campground information with RV specific information available,” added Muscatel.
Rand McNally’s TripMaker® RVND line of GPS products, launched in 2011, include:
1) RV-safe & -easy routing – navigation for 11 types of RV; includes entry for weight, height, length and propane on-board; routes based on legal and physical restrictions, such as low bridges, roads with weight limits; warnings for sharp turns
2) RVer amenities & tools – 13,000+ RV parks and campgrounds with amenities such as dump stations, electric hook up, 6,000+ travel center locations with searchable amenities such as parking, dump stations, and showers, 24,000+ pet-friendly locations, and more than 150,000 places just off the interstate, organized by exit number
3) RV-friendly trips & content – 12,000 Rand McNally Editor’s Picks, including Best of the Road® 3-4-day adventures, regional trips, scenic tours, weekend getaways, plus photos and videos of destinations
Last 5 posts by Good Sam Team
- Good Sam GPS by Rand McNally: Smarter, Safer Driving - May 23rd, 2013
- Five Top-Rated Northern Parks For Summer Travelers - May 23rd, 2013
- Use the NEW Search by Map Feature on Your Next Trip - May 22nd, 2013
- Good Sam's Search By Map Feature Now Online - May 17th, 2013
- Are You Ready to Rally with Camping World/Good Sam? - May 3rd, 2013