Filed under: Uncategorized
Visit Old Faithful Through The Yellowstone Webcam!
We have visited many national parks with our children. Denali, Mount Rainier, Olympic, and Yellowstone are at the top of our list. While writing and doing research, I often visit the websites for these parks in order to see what is new and what’s happening.
I follow the Alaska National Parks system and Denali on my Facebook page. One trend that I have been noticing is the use of webcams to convey what is happening in the parks. Of course, it isn’t always possible to return to a favorite national park again, but it is fun to see what’s happening via live video. This morning I discovered the live webcam featuring Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park. We visited Yellowstone in the summer of 2010. It was a great trip and we enjoyed learning about and seeing geysers in action.
Made possible by a grant from Canon USA, the webcam continually features Old Faithful. Check it out if you have been to Old Faithful or if you hope to go there soon.
Photo by Melissa A. Trainer
–Melissa A. Trainer
Last 5 posts by Melissa A. Trainer
- Try the Quick Chill Method at Camp! - July 7th, 2013
- Olympic National Park Celebrates 75 Years! - June 23rd, 2013
- Spooky Hikes in Washington State - October 26th, 2012
- Wild for Blackberries in the Pacific Northwest! - August 26th, 2012
- Savor those Campgrounds in September... - August 24th, 2012