Filed under: Activities & Attractions
Eagle Expo: February 9-11, 2012
The Atchafalaya Basin, the largest overflow swamp in the country, covers over 850,000 acres and includes 10 distinct aquatic and terrestrial habitats ranging from large rivers to backwater swamps. The Basin is noted for its Cypress-Tupelo Gum swamp habitat and its Cajun heritage. The basin is home to over 170 bird species, 50 mammalian species, 40 reptilian, 20 amphibian species and 100 species of fin fish and shellfish. is home to an abundance of wildlife, including rare and endangered species such as the American bald eagle.
Eagle Expo includes boat tours into various waterways to view eagle’s nests and presentations on the American bald eagle, wildlife, flora, fauna and the culture of the area by wildlife professionals and photographers, and much more.
The 7th Annual Eagle Expo will take place in Morgan City, Louisiana, from February 9-11, 2012. Presentations on the American bald eagle, a raptor show, and seminars will take place. Admission Fee.
Last 5 posts by Guest Blogger
- Sight Seeing in the Texas Hill Country - December 3rd, 2012
- Gator Park Airboat Tours - November 1st, 2012
- If You Love Golf, Then You Will Love It Here! - October 5th, 2012
- Resort to a New Lifestyle at Bay Bayou RV Resort - Tampa, FL - October 3rd, 2012
- Spectacular Fall Views at Riveredge RV Park in Pigeon Forge - September 7th, 2012