Filed under: Entertaining Kids at Camp, Gadget Reviews, Preparation & Readiness, Technology & Camping, Uncategorized
Let There Be Light!
We have used all of these items and our preference for them really depends on the situation. Sitting around a campfire on a summer’s night is great fun. When the kids start dashing around the campground or the park after dark, they definitely need a good flashlight in hand. For tent camping, a lantern is essential. And, head lamps are critically important in remote areas as well.
When I was shopping with my teenage daughter last week, I stopped by REI to see what was new. I didn’t spend a lot of time there, but I did peruse the flashlight and head lamp section. I thought the Photon Micro Light II looked very good and well priced. This personal safety flashlight has an ultra bright LED light that is visible over one mile. And, the light is built to survive serious use! I think this would be a great little gift for the guys in my family! And, best of all, it can be attached to your key chain!
Photo by Melissa A. Trainer
–Melissa A. Trainer
Last 5 posts by Melissa A. Trainer
- Try the Quick Chill Method at Camp! - July 7th, 2013
- Olympic National Park Celebrates 75 Years! - June 23rd, 2013
- Spooky Hikes in Washington State - October 26th, 2012
- Wild for Blackberries in the Pacific Northwest! - August 26th, 2012
- Savor those Campgrounds in September... - August 24th, 2012