Filed under: Uncategorized
Memorabilia and Sensible Tips From Smokey The Bear
Since it’s Labor Day weekend, I thought it would be fun to feature the Smokey the Bear website. I just discovered this useful resource and was quite impressed with Smokey’s kid friendly tips for building a campfire. I also appreciated his tips for choosing a site and extinguishing the campfire as well.
While poking through his website, I discovered “Smokey’s Journey!” A nifty section on the website, Smokey’s Journey features a timeline of Smokey’s role throughout American history. The timeline starts in 1940. You will find fun memorabilia and radio ads recorded by the likes of Bing Crosby. The resource section has lots of tools for teachers and parents who want to instruct children. There is also a map pinpointing where there are forest fires currently burning.
It’s obvious that Smokey the Bear has been working hard for decades. So, if you haven’t thought about Smokey lately, why don’t you do so this Labor Day weekend and check out this helpful site!
–Melissa A. Trainer
Last 5 posts by Melissa A. Trainer
- Try the Quick Chill Method at Camp! - July 7th, 2013
- Olympic National Park Celebrates 75 Years! - June 23rd, 2013
- Spooky Hikes in Washington State - October 26th, 2012
- Wild for Blackberries in the Pacific Northwest! - August 26th, 2012
- Savor those Campgrounds in September... - August 24th, 2012