Filed under: Uncategorized
Patti’s Saga of an RV Rookie: How the Intellicast Weather App Might Save Your RV or You
An iPad or iPhone app that could save your life? I’d like to be exaggerating, but I think not. Our Whitefish RV Park neighbors www.whitefishrv told us what happened as they drove from South Dakota to Montana this past July: (Read more about South Dakota campgrounds and things to do in South Dakota.)
They kept hearing vague comments on South Dakota radio stations about a small storm that “might be headed their way”…lots of casual station banter filled with “may be’s” and “might be’s “interspersed with stories of two guys whose suspenders broke at their 60th class reunion and how that impacted the event, and eventually, their entire farm community. The weather report ranked right down there with busted suspenders in importance.
My friends didn’t think the ‘maybe’ storm sounded bad. But Larry says to Anne, ” You know what? Why don’t you download that Intellicast app those last folks told us about. You never know.”
She did. Larry and Anne had a personal hotspot on their iPhone. Not a bad idea for RVers.
The Intellicast app showed they had about a minute to get off the road, safely hunker down, and avoid driving in what turned out to be, for others, a disastrous hail and wind storm. They told us; now I’m telling you. Don’t say I didn’t.
Review of Intellicast HD by WSI Corporation
What matters most about the Intellicast HD app:
1. Storm cell tracking in REAL TIME…as in, right now! It is CRITICAL information that you don’t have to look for…it’s there when you open it up.
2. Tracks typhoons, hurricanes and cyclones
3. Real time earthquake tracking
4. Uses NOWrad HD Radar: that’s USA high definition interactive radar
5. Darn easy to read, use and understand
6. Compatible with iPad (requires iOS 3.2 or older) and iPhone (must go through iTunes)
7. Requires internet connectivity, one way or the other.
8. It’s free; you do need an iTunes account
What also matters about the Intellicast HD app:
1. At first, I was annoyed by the ads at the lower left corner. I got over it. The app’s just too darn good.
2. It’s gorgeous high resolution, awesome colors are fantastic.
3. Has Spanish language support
4. Satellite and radar of Europe
Larry and Anne are certain the Intellicast app did more than help them “weather the storm.”
You also might protect your family by taking a look at the app. Yes, there are other weather apps out there. But I’ve not found one to rival the Intellicast weather app. It’s put together like somebody actually cared.
Last 5 posts by Patti F.
- Patti’s Saga of a Former RV Rookie :Give a Mother’s Day gift she’ll really like: an iPad docking station. - May 2nd, 2012
- Patti Faustini: How you can benefit from the Eastern Montana/North Dakota Bakken Oil Boom, Part 3: housing and cost of living - February 9th, 2012
- Patti Faustini: How you can benefit from the Eastern Montana/North Dakota Bakken Oil Boom: Part 2 (Two Sides to Every Coin). - February 5th, 2012
- Patti Faustini: Part 1 of How you can benefit from the Eastern Montana/North Dakota Bakken Oil Boom: There's oil and jobs! - January 30th, 2012
- Patti’s Saga of an RV Rookie: Christmas Eve Salad, Tlaquepaque style… - November 28th, 2011