Filed under: Uncategorized
Patti’s Saga of an RV Rookie: 3 Reasons You Should Visit City Beach in Whitefish, Montana
There are lakes, then there are glacier cut lakes. Yes, I know about man-made lakes, but they’re just not the same as the ones God carved out over a long period of time. And Whitefish City Beach, on Whitefish Lake, Montana, has to be one of the best glacier cut lakes to visit. Your kids and grandkids will thank you big time!
Here’s 3 reasons why you and yours should visit Whitefish, Montana’s City Beach:
1) Whitefish Lake is 7 miles of incredible glacier cut loveliness. You can’t make this place up. Check out the video and see for yourself.
2) Whitefish City Beach is one of those rare, ‘let’s make it easy and accessible for the folks” jewels. It was designed with your visit in mind, and it’s run for your benefit. http://whitefishchamber.org
3) City Beach has:
• Clean sand
• Safe, life guarded designated swimming areas (during summer)
• Picnic tables, gazebos (free, first-come-first-serve, or you can make a reservation) and lovely trees for shade
• Water toy rentals (canoes, single and double inner tubes)
• A great refreshment stand with truly awesome ice cream. If you don’t get the Huckleberry, your life as you know it may not be worth living.
• A boat launch area (with fee) and public boat dock
• A tons of superior family, couple or singles hang out spots : it’s very, very child friendly beach, is safe, and is low-key. Teens do come but they have a grip on themselves (or somebody will make them get one). People fall asleep under trees, read all day, come in the evening with coolers full of dinner…it’s just a joy.
• A 4th of July that is awesome: the Parks and Rec Department shoot off everything with a fuse from the middle of the lake, while all sorts of water vehicles slowly circle the action.
To me, City Beach has always been like Mayberry at its finest. It still is. Some things don’t change. I love City Beach’s 21st century version of “The Andy Griffith Show” vibe. I think you will, too. Come to Montana. It’s the Last of the Big Time Splendors.
Read more about Montana campgrounds and things to do in Montana.
PS And if you’re looking for a terrific RV park that’s right in Whitefish, check out www.whitefishrvpark.
Last 5 posts by Patti F.
- Patti’s Saga of a Former RV Rookie :Give a Mother’s Day gift she’ll really like: an iPad docking station. - May 2nd, 2012
- Patti Faustini: How you can benefit from the Eastern Montana/North Dakota Bakken Oil Boom, Part 3: housing and cost of living - February 9th, 2012
- Patti Faustini: How you can benefit from the Eastern Montana/North Dakota Bakken Oil Boom: Part 2 (Two Sides to Every Coin). - February 5th, 2012
- Patti Faustini: Part 1 of How you can benefit from the Eastern Montana/North Dakota Bakken Oil Boom: There's oil and jobs! - January 30th, 2012
- Patti’s Saga of an RV Rookie: Christmas Eve Salad, Tlaquepaque style… - November 28th, 2011