Filed under: Campgrounds & RV Parks, Traveling Tips
Woodall’s Allows Facebook Users to Search Eco-Friendly Campgrounds & RV Parks
To celebrate Earth Day, Woodall’s is excited to announce the creation of a searchable database of “Green-Friendly” parks at Facebook.com/Woodalls.
The Woodall’s / ARVC Plan-It “Green-Friendly” Park Program, which rolled out last year, helps determine parks that are implementing eco-friendly practices at their campground or RV park. Together, Woodall’s and National ARVC– with guidance from Leave No Trace (an organization dedicated to the responsible enjoyment of the outdoors)–has developed “Green-Friendly” criteria that is applied to RV parks or campgrounds around the country.
Some of the qualifications Woodall’s and ARVC look for to identify Campgrounds or RV Parks as “Green Friendly” are:
Does the campground use energy-efficient light bulbs?
Are there recycle bins for cans, paper, glass and plastic?
Does the park use with non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning products?
Does the park have water saving showerheads and/or faucets with automatic shutoff taps?
What about energy saving appliances at the park?
To start searching for a “Green-Friendly” park today, visit Facebook.com/Woodall’s.
Last 5 posts by Good Sam Team
- Snowbird Destinations—Escaping to the Sunbelt - November 19th, 2013
- Top Extended Stay Parks for RVers in the Far West - November 19th, 2013
- Put Down Stakes at These Top Extended Stay RV Parks - November 19th, 2013
- Top Extended Stay Parks for RVers in the South - November 19th, 2013
- Top Extended Stay Parks for RVers in the West - November 19th, 2013