Filed under: Food Week 2010, Holidays on the Road, Special Theme Weeks
Patti’s Saga of an RV Rookie; or “Ya Better Watch Out ” or You’ll Have the Whole Park Under Your Awning for the Holidays!
You don’t have to drink alcohol to have a good time. Yeah, yeah, for those of you rolling your eyes (and you know who you are), bear with me; I’ve factored you in near the end of this blog. On one thing we can agree: RVer’s tend to be a sociable lot, with the holidays bringing out the social butterflies in even the Scooge-iest of us. You combine the holidays and free-wheelin’ RVer’s and you got something going!
Here’s an alcohol-free crockpot recipe for a truly memorable hot apple cider-cranberry drink. And you imbibers, just hang on; I told you I’ll get to you in a bit:
This is a recipe I’ve made during several seasons of life (the details of which shall remain unknown except to those present at the time):
Hot Apple Cider-Cranberry Crockpot Crowd Pleaser
3 parts apple cider
1 part cranberry juice or juice cocktail
1/4 cup of brown sugar or honey (to taste)
*optional but great: put a small pat of butter on top of hot drink after pouring into cup.
Simmer on low in crockpot for about 5-7 hours or until the whole park or campground creeps over on some phony pretext
Now, for you party animals: Keep a bottle of bourbon behind that fake plant under the awning for when neighbors mosey on over because they smell cider. If someone intimates ( through the raised-eyebrow technique) they want to know ” you got anything” for that cider, just haul out the bottle and let them do what they will.
Happy Tales to you, and from my family to yours,
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season’s Greetings, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanza, and every possible joyous religious and secular greeting known to God or man.
Last 5 posts by Patti F.
- Patti’s Saga of a Former RV Rookie :Give a Mother’s Day gift she’ll really like: an iPad docking station. - May 2nd, 2012
- Patti Faustini: How you can benefit from the Eastern Montana/North Dakota Bakken Oil Boom, Part 3: housing and cost of living - February 9th, 2012
- Patti Faustini: How you can benefit from the Eastern Montana/North Dakota Bakken Oil Boom: Part 2 (Two Sides to Every Coin). - February 5th, 2012
- Patti Faustini: Part 1 of How you can benefit from the Eastern Montana/North Dakota Bakken Oil Boom: There's oil and jobs! - January 30th, 2012
- Patti’s Saga of an RV Rookie: Christmas Eve Salad, Tlaquepaque style… - November 28th, 2011