Filed under: Family Day Trips
Guest Blogger Recommendation: Take a Day Trip to Holland, Michigan
On the weekend of 5/1/10, I decided to drive our motorhome up to Holland Michigan to see the Tulip Festival. We enjoyed it very much with a Dutch theme and saw thousands of beautiful tulips of every color. We watched them make wooden shoes and saw youngsters dance in the streets dressed in wooden shoes and Dutch attire. We rented car and drove through area sightseeing and saw folks scrubbing the streets and sidewalks preparing for the parade. And also attended a flea market with homemade items of every description from clothes to musical instruments and tasted cooking from old Dutch recipes. Tour buses came from about every direction. Everyone that we spoke with enjoyed the new experiences and we will go again next festival.
By Guest Blogger, Howard Wainer
Read Howard’s previous recommendation, Oscoda, Michigan!
Last 5 posts by Guest Blogger
- Sight Seeing in the Texas Hill Country - December 3rd, 2012
- Gator Park Airboat Tours - November 1st, 2012
- If You Love Golf, Then You Will Love It Here! - October 5th, 2012
- Resort to a New Lifestyle at Bay Bayou RV Resort - Tampa, FL - October 3rd, 2012
- Spectacular Fall Views at Riveredge RV Park in Pigeon Forge - September 7th, 2012