Filed under: Family Day Trips, Outdoor Recreation & Hiking, The Road Less Traveled
Guest Blogger Recommendation: Aqua Caliente, CA, Offers Hiking and Hot Springs
We spend most of our time traveling in our Neptune Motorhome with our two shelties. For the past three winters, we have spent time in the south western US. We spend our summers in Ontario, Canada (usually) but have spent summers in New Brunswick and BC. We love to hike and visit spectacular places. The mountains and the sea are more important to us than the city centres.
Yesterday we visited Aqua Caliente hot springs on S2 in California (south west of Borego Springs) in the Anzeo Borrego desert preserve. The hiking in the county park ($5.00 daily admission) is spectacular and after the hike you can soak in one of the three hot springs pools (no charge). If you want to camp there the daily rates are very reasonable. In addition there are Native Indian ruins and petrographs within 15 miles that you can (almost) drive to. In addition you can hike the original California Stage Road and the even older Morman trail.
Submitted by Guest Blogger, Vern Pich from Brantford, Ontario
Last 5 posts by Guest Blogger
- Sight Seeing in the Texas Hill Country - December 3rd, 2012
- Gator Park Airboat Tours - November 1st, 2012
- If You Love Golf, Then You Will Love It Here! - October 5th, 2012
- Resort to a New Lifestyle at Bay Bayou RV Resort - Tampa, FL - October 3rd, 2012
- Spectacular Fall Views at Riveredge RV Park in Pigeon Forge - September 7th, 2012